Bowmandale Covered Bridge
(GPS N40 09.31 N76 59.48)
Bowmansdale bridge connects Cumberland and York counties and is located on the Messiah College campus. The bridge was originally built in 1867 using a Burr Truss. The structure crosses the Yellow Breeches creek utilizing one span. The length of the bridge is 112 ft and a width of 15 ft. The original builder of this bridge is unknown. This bridge was originally built near Bowmansdale just north of Grantham. In 1971, Mr. and Mrs. Jacob S. Stoner acquired the bridge and donated it to Messiah College, where it was rebuilt by the college students. The bridge was completed in 1972. This bridge is a beautiful structure and well maintained by the college. The bridge is open to traffic, but only enters a big parking lot. For any Covered bridge enthusiast this structure is a must to see and enjoy.
Ramp Covered Bridge
(GPS N40 08.17 W 77 31.40)
Ramp covered bridge was built in 1870 using the Burr truss design. The bridge crosses Conodoguinet creek. The length of the bridge is 130 feet and the width is 14 feet. The bridge is owned and maintained by the county. The bridge is open to daily traffic. The bridge is in very good condition. This is the only covered bridge left in Cumberland county. The bridge has a beautiful landscape surrounding it with the mountains and farm fields.. The structure is located on Twp. Rt. 374, Covered Bridge Road, approximately 2 miles southeast of Newburg, in Hopewell Twp.